How it Works
OpenBLD DNS is a multi-compatible, simple, fast service with in different locations of the world. OpenBLD DNS it is a open DNS service.
- Easily - Simple using without software installations. OpenBLD works in several modes - Adaptive (ADA), Strict (RIC), OpenBLD+.
- Multi-compatible - Enough to configure the private settings of the browser, mobile device (Android 9+, iOS 14+ are supported) or configure OpenBLD DNS on a home or office router and feel the "OpenBLD effect" 🌱
- Adaptive (ADA) - Recommended for most users
- Strict (RIC) - Recommended for advanced users
- OpenBLD+ (BLD+) - Personal support. Get more details.
ADA vs RIC
The key difference between ADA and RIC in OpenBLD DNS is that ADA allows various services such as Yandex, TikTok, Facebook, etc. By "various services," we mean services for managing marketing cabinets or business tools.
What Does ADA Allow?
- Social media tools (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, TikTok, etc.)
- All Yandex tools (Alice, Kinopoisk, etc.)
- All Google tools
- Advertising links from search results
ADA is an OpenBLD "add-on," adapted and suitable for most users of the OpenBLD DNS service.
OpenBLD uses a granular approach. If ADA allows, for example, all Yandex resources, then RIC allows key services (for example: mail, passport, money, etc.). In simple terms, RIC is a more "strict" service which can affect some Internet services.
Both services use different regular expressions and DNS lists, which are periodically maintained. Allowing lists are formed thanks to your feedback.
Feedback on the health and debugging of lists and sites you can be sent through Contacts page.
- Europe (Netherlands, Germany)
- Asia (Kazakhstan)
- Japan (Tokyo)
Some servers, rarely, but may change IP addresses. All changes are usually reported in the official Telegram channel of the project cee Contact for more details.
OpenBLD.net supports IPv4 and IPv6 (testing) and can be used in different ways:
- DoH -
- DoT -
- IPv4 -
Under Maintenanceif you really need IPv4 addresses, please contact us through Contacts page.
See more details how to setup your devices on Where to start page.
Preferred way to use DoH or DoT. IP addresses can be changed in the future, keep this in mind before setting up your DNS.
You can use OpenBLD.net as regular DNS service, but it has some limitations:
- Without special requests, such as AXFR, ANY etc.
- Without brute-force domain or subdomain names, etc.
- Without abuse of the service.
- Without any other malicious activity.
Otherwise, your requests and IP addresses can be blocked, if this happens by mistake or you suspect that malicious activity has appeared on your network, or if you have any questions, please contact us through Contacts page or try to get OpenBLD Plus service.
OpenBLD does not cover YouTube.
- Logs, Services and Servers data:
- Can be enabled for troubleshooting problems.
- Not transferred to third-party services.
- Not be collected for advertising purposes.
- Can be used to improve the quality of the service.
- Can be using for alerting notifications.
- Logs are not collected or aggregated centrally.
- Are not used for any other purposes.
This project is supported by personal activities and resources (such as time and money). The author of the service and the testing team aim to focus on a cleaner Internet and garbage-free content.
This service is supported by the author and donation from service users, and it is maintained as far as possible. It has no Service Level Agreement (SLA), so keep this in mind when using OpenBLD DNS services.
- See full Disclaimer Statement here
OpenBLD.net try to use Open-Sourced and Free or Freemium projects, codes, packages, distros, clouds and etc ♥️
Thanks for Open Source initiatives and projects:
- Knot DNS, PowerDNS, Blocky, Cactusd,
- Nginx, Caddy
- Grafana, Prometheus
- Node.js, Nuxt, Vue, React, Bulma, Tailwind
- Debian, CentOS, Fedora, Ansible
- ZeroSSL, ClouDNS, Cloudflare, GCore, Unihost.kz, GoHost.kz, UptimeRobot, Netdata, Digital Ocean, PowerDMARC, GitHub
Thanks for Communities
Many people are concerned about the Internet and its future. Thanks to all communities and people who are trying to make the Internet a better, safer and cleaner place!
OpenBLD.net aggregates data from many sources, such as:
Of course, thanks to many other projects, packages, distros, code languages, technologies etc. which provide Open Source and Free, Freemium software and companies / services which can support projects with opened initiatives. 🤜🤛